UK Border Agency UKBA Helpline Contact Number

The UKBA helpline (UK Border Agency) can be contacted by phone: Open 7 Days – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM.

Customer Service is OpenHelpline is Open
*Calls to 084 numbers cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. We are not associated or affiliated with any of the companies or government agencies listed on the website, trademarks are property of their respective owners

UKBA Telephone Helpline Hours

The UKBA helpline is available to take your call Monday-Sunday – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM. Holiday telephone hours may be different.

Day Open Closed
Monday 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Tips for Contacting UK Border Agency

• Please ensure that you have all the relevant information with you when you call the UK Border Agency phone number. This could include information on your visa and passport details, your current address, asylum and settlement details or employee or student details.

You can contact UK Border Agency customer service for:

• British citizen and nationality information
• To sponsor a foreign employee or student
• Applying for asylum
• Visa and settlement applications
• European national information

Frequently Asked Questions

Which Visa can I apply for online?

You can apply for a visa to work, study or visit a family member in the UK. You can also apply for your certificate of entitlement to prove your right of abode in the UK. Any queries are to be directed to the UKBA contact number.

What do I need before I make the application?

You might need a tuberculosis (TB) test before you apply depending on which country you are coming from. Call the UK Border Agency contact number to find out if this applies to you.

You will also need to:

• Pay the fee for the visa. This can be done online.
• Print the form
• Fill in the form (must be done in English)
• Book an appointment at a visa application centre

Can I apply for a residence card?

Yes, you may be able to apply if you’re from outside the EEA and you are related to an EEA national. You don’t need the residence card if you’re a family member, but if you are travelling, this could make it easier. You will also have a fast way to prove that you’re allowed to work in the UK and claim your right to certain benefits and services.

About UK Border Agency

The UK Border Agency is now known as UK Visas and Immigration as of 2013 (reference). This is the border control agency of the Government of the United Kingdom.

The responsibilities of the UK Border Agency and now UK Visas and Immigration includes:

• Immigration – giving them powers to arrest and detain illegal immigrants. This applies in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
• Customs – Agents have powers of entry, arrest, search and detention for criminals or suspects under the Customs and Excise Acts.
• Removal of foreign nationals – This includes failed asylum seekers, other illegals in the UK and foreign national criminals (once their sentence has been served).

Postal Address

2 Marsham Street