The Provident customer services helpline can be contacted by phone: Open Monday – Friday – 8:00 AM-8:00 PM and Saturday – 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Provident Customer Service Hours
The Provident customer services team is available to take your call Open Monday – Friday – 8:00 AM-8:00 PM and Saturday – 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
|Monday||08:00 AM||08:00 PM|
|Tuesday||08:00 AM||08:00 PM|
|Wednesday||08:00 AM||08:00 PM|
|Thursday||08:00 AM||08:00 PM|
|Friday||08:00 AM||08:00 PM|
|Saturday||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
Why contact Provident customer service?
– To make a query about loans
– To ask a question about credit cards
– To enquire about vehicle finance
– To find out more about consumer credit
– To arrange, change or cancel a visit
– To get help making a payment
– To request a written statement
– To ask a question about your Customer Number or Payment Book
– To make a query about marketing material
– To ask a question about proof of identity documents
– To make a query about proof of income documents
– To request an accessible form of correspondence, such as Braille or large print
– To talk about repayment difficulties
– To find out more about certain terms and conditions
– To discuss money issues
In order to make certain queries as a current customer, you may need your Customer Number or information from your Payment Book. New customers can discuss services over the phone or in person by arranging a home visit.
Provident, also known as Provident Financial Group, is a British doorstep lender. The company is headquartered in Bradford, West Yorkshire, where it was originally founded. It generally offers cash loans that are paid back with interest on a weekly basis.
Founded in 1880 by Joshua Kelley Waddilove, the company was created as a means to provide affordable credit to those who needed it. At the time, their customers were mainly working class families in West Yorkshire. But in the following years, the company expanded its business throughout the country.
In 1962, the company was listed on the London Stock Exchange where it still remains today. Currently, it is also a constituent of the the FTSE 250 Index and had an annual net income of over £200 million in 2016.
Today, the company mainly provides services, such as loans and credit cards, to customers who may be rejected by most mainstream lenders. For example, many of the company’s customers have a poor credit rating or a low income. According to the Provident Financial Group website, a large proportion of their customers have a household income of between £10,000 and £15,000 per year.
The company operates under the names Glo, Moneybarn, Provident Personal Credit, Satsuma, and Vanquis. The services provided by these brands range from credit cards to home credit and guarantor loans to instalment loans. It has about 3,700 employees that serve approximately 2.5 million customers.