The Maternity Allowance helpline can be contacted by phone: Open Monday-Friday – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM.
Maternity Allowance Telephone Helpline Hours
The Maternity Allowance helpline is available to take your call Monday-Friday – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM. Holiday help hours may differ.
|Monday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
Tips for When You Contact Maternity Allowance
• Remember to have your details with you when you call the Maternity Allowance customer service line. This will mean you will have to provide your National Insurance Number, personal details, details and times of your pregnancy as well as information about your wage and current benefits.
• Please listen to the options carefully that are presented by the Maternity Allowance number voice prompting system. This will get you through to an advisor that is best suited to answer your queries.
• Please be patient and treat the Maternity Allowance customer care staff with respect and courtesy. They will not stand for verbal abuse.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I claim if I’m self employed?
You are still entitles to this benefit if you are self employed, but certain conditions apply such as the amount of time you have been self employed for.
You can also claim if you haven’t been in your current job for long enough to claim Statutory Maternity Pay.
• If you have just left your job, you could also be eligible.
• If your average weekly pay is £112 or less, you can also claim
• To find out if you’re eligible, call the Maternity Allowance contact number and talk to an agent.
What are the exceptions?
You won’t be able to claim if you are unemployed or earn less than £30 per week.
If you feel that you have extenuating circumstances, talk to an agent now by ringing the Maternity Allowance phone number listed here.
What if I’m not eligible?
You might still be able to make a claim on another benefit such as Income Support or Employment and Support Allowance. This will depend on your National Insurance Record and how long you;ve been pregnant for.
Call the Maternity Allowance telephone number to find out if you can claim.
About Maternity Allowance
It is a benefit issued by the British government and paid to pregnant women.
A woman can claim the benefit once she is 26 weeks pregnant.
The fee is based on how much you earn. You can get 90% of your average weekly earnings up to £139.58 – per week for up to 39 weeks. This is a tax free benefit and is given by the DWP or Department for Work and Pensions. This is not included or part of the Universal Credit system, but if you are already claiming other benefit, you need to declare this with your social officer or local Jobcentre Plus advisor – not that it will necessarily effect your current benefits.
Whereas maternity pay is a standard and in fact a requirement amongst employers in the United Kingdom (with conditions), Paternity pay or leave is left mostly to the discretion of the employer. This might seem fair in a more traditional setting, but the government of the United Kingdom is active in pursuing an exact same status for men and for women, giving the same right despite biological differences. In this spirit we can assume that Paternity leave will follow suit very soon otherwise the withering guise of equality will reveal a feminist government instead of a fair one.
London Bridge Jobcentre
Mail Handling Site A