The E.ON customer services helpline can be contacted by phone: Open Monday-Friday – 8:00 AM-8:00 PM and Saturday – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM.
E.ON Customer Service Hours
The E.ON customer services team is available to take your call Monday-Friday – 7:00 AM-10:45 PM and Saturday – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM. Holiday hours may vary.
|Monday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
Tips for Contacting E.ON
• Remember to have your details with you when you call the EON number. This will include your account number, details of your address, personal details and possibly your card number or any relevant information pertaining to your query – such as your latest bill or a meter reading.
• The well trained staff at EON customer services are happy to help with any questions you might have regarding the service provided to you. Please treat them with due respect as they are not responsible for any problems that you might be experiencing.
• When you dial the EON contact number listed here, you will be put through to an automated voice prompting service. The purpose of this is to sort the nature of your call and transfer you to the most appropriate department. Please be clear in your menu choices and follow the instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I find my meter reading?
There are four types of meters:
• Rotating counters
• Digital display
• Clock style dials
• Smart meters
Rotating counters are read from left to right. Don’t include the red numbers.
Digital display meters are read by pressing the button on the front of the meter.
Clock-style dials are read from left to right as well – start with the dial labeled “10 000”
Smart meters will automatically have the reading displayed.
What happens when I don’t pay my bill?
You should contact the EON helpline by dialing the EON phone number here whenever you have difficulty paying your bill. Failure to do so will result in your account going into arrears.
There are five steps that will be taken thereafter:
1. You will be contacted by phone and/or letter
2. You will be visited by an EON representative
3. Your details will be passed to a debt collection agency
4. EON will attempt to install a prepaid meter
5. Should these steps all fail, your energy supply could be cut off
For further information call the EON telephone number provided here and speak to an agent.
E.ON General Enquiries Phone Menu Options & Dial Code Shortcuts
Get through the automated phone messaging system fast for General Enquiries.
|Menu Option||Dial Code|
|Make a Payment||1|
|Provide a Meter Reading||2|
|Discuss Your Direct Debit||3|
|You Have a Prepayment Meter||41|
|Calling About Your Gas Account||51|
|Calling About Your Electricity Account||52|
|Any Other Help||[Hold]|
EON UK is an energy provider company based in the UK. It was formerly known as Powergen. It has been owned by E.ON SE of Germany (reference) since 2002. They provide electricity distribution, electrical generation and gas supply.
It was started with the name “Powergen” in 1989 as a part of the government of the United Kingdom. Shorty thereafter in 1991, sixty percent was sold of to private investors and in 1995, the rest followed suit. It acquired the regional electricity company East Midlands Electricity in 1998 and TXU Energi in 2002 as part of a period of rapid expansion. This was followed by the takeover by EON SE.
Expansion continued over the next five years and the name was eventually changed to EON in 2007 as part of a marketing campaign. The new product “Go Green” was an intended push into the green market as environmental concerns took more of a center stage.
A company restructuring took place in 2010 with the announcement of 600 job losses in it’s Rayleigh customer service center. This was largely hailed as a profit-focused decision and widely criticized in the media.
It has since sold off part of it’s business to domestic and foreign interests alike.
EON continues to be a major supplier of energy products to the UK and looks to expand in the future.
Westwood Business Park
Table of Contents
- 1 E.ON Customer Service Hours
- 2 Tips for Contacting E.ON
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 E.ON General Enquiries Phone Menu Options & Dial Code Shortcuts
- 5 About E.ON