DPD (Dynamic Parcel Distribution) customer services can be contacted by phone: Open Monday – Friday – 9:00 AM-9:00 PM and Weekends – 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.
DPD Customer Service Hours
The DPD helpline is available to take your call Open Monday – Friday – 9:00 AM-9:00 PM and Weekends – 8:00 AM-4:00 PM. Holiday telephone hours may vary.
|Monday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM||9:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM||4:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM||4:00 PM|
Tips for Contacting DPD
• Have all the information ready when you contact DPD customer services before you dial. You will need any relevant parcel information (weight, dimensions, tracking number, etc..) and some personal information such as the collection or delivery address, your name and date of birth, etc..
• Listen carefully to the DPD customer care voice messaging system and follow the relevant menu instructions. This will ensure that you get through to the correct DPD customer service agent for your particular enquiry.
• Always remember when you call DPD telephone number, that the personal advisors are not responsible for any complaint you may have. Be clear and polite and forward with your information and the agent will assist you in any way they can.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is my parcel?
They will give you a 1 hour delivery time notice once your particular parcel has been scanned and is ready to be delivered. This usually happens by 12 noon.
What is the parcel number?
The parcel number can be used to track your items, but you will need to get this from the person or company that sent your parcel. If it’s simply tracking that you’re after, you can use your postcode and your reference number to track your parcel. Either go online or call the DPD contact number on this page and speak to an agent.
What changes can I make to my delivery?
There are several options available to you if you need to change the delivery of your parcel.
• Collect it from a local shop
• Have it delivered to a neighbour
• Have it left somewhere safe at the delivery address
• Collect it from the depot
It’s simply a case of calling the DPD phone number and change the delivery.
How do I confirm any changes?
You can give the DPD customer care line a call to confirm any changes you may have made. Alternatively, go online and enter your information.
DPD is an international parcel delivery service company that was founded in 1977 and is based in Germany – serving customers worldwide. It is owned by GeoPost and spans 40 countries and 830 depots.
It was named as the acronym of Deutscher Paketdienst, meaning German Packet Service and now delivers over 2 million parcels daily. GeoPost has been the majority owner since 2008 (reference) and GoPost is actually a French company and a subsidiary of “La Poste” who purchased parts of the UK parcel delivery market too. Such as Parceline and Interlink.
They offer mostly business to business courier services and has been so successful in this venture that they are the first choice for so many companies in and around Europe, that they have the biggest shared of the market in this category.
“La Poste” is currently the product of the privatisation of postal services in France and along with French PTT was formed in 1991 before it began to look overseas to other business ventures. It moved quickly to the United Kingdom and Germany which is where it started to obtain shares in both UK courier businesses and of course DPD.