The Passport Office helpline (HM Passport Office) can be contacted by phone: Open Monday-Friday – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM.
Passport Office Customer Service Hours
The Passport Office helpline is available to take your call Monday-Friday – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM. Holiday help hours may differ.
|Monday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
Tips for Contacting Passport Office
• You can contact the Passport Office number if you are a British national residing in the United Kingdom and you want to be issued with a passport or if you want to register a civil registration in England or Wales.
• Have your personal information ready before you call as this will ensure your query is dealt with swiftly. If you are querying as to where your passport is, please check to see if the required time has elapsed before you contact the Passport Office telephone number.
• Make certain that if you plan to travel internationally at any point in the future, check your passport well ahead of time and before purchasing plane ticket or accommodation reservations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is my passport valid for?
If you are issued a passport when you are 16 years old or older, then your passport is valid for 10 years. If you are younger than 16, then the validity is 5 years.
I am newly married, how do I change my name on my passport?
You will need to submit the appropriate documentation to the Passport Office for detail changes to take place. The easiest way to find out which forms you need, is to check online or call the Passport Office phone number provided here.
Do children need passports?
Yes, everyone including children who is travelling outside of the United Kingdom, needs a passport. Children under the age of 15 will usually need the help of a parent or guardian.
Further queries about this can be directed to the Passport Office customer service line.
How long does a passport take?
A passport renewal usually takes 3 weeks. A first issue passport can take up to 6 weeks.
When you apply for your first passport, you will be required to attend an interview to ensure your identity and prevent fraud. Call the Passport Office contact number for more information.
Passport Phone Menu Options & Dial Code Shortcuts
Get through the automated phone messaging system fast.
|Menu Option||Dial Code|
|Calling From The UK or Applying For an Appointment in the UK||1|
|How to Obtain an Application Form||101|
|Enquire of Your Nearest Post Office Branch or Speak to an Operator||1010|
About HM Passport Office
HM Passport Office is a division of the Home Office – serving the UK and is the only provider of passports in the United Kingdom. Any other companies or individuals offering this service will be acting as a courier and administration service that eventually leads to the Passport Office.
The General Register Office joined with HM Passport Office in 2008 and here you will be able to register civil registrations too.
The Passport Office provides passport services and operations to citizens of the United Kingdom on behalf of the Crown. The passports are provided for British citizens residing in the UK and citizens living elsewhere are dealt with by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
Over 5 million passports are issued per year through one of the 7 regional passport offices.
The General Register Office oversees civil registration in England and Wales, administers marriage laws and provides the system of registration for births, civil partnerships, adoptions, stillbirths, marriages and deaths.
This service was previously named “Identity and Passport Service” and was renamed HM Passport Office on 13 May 2013.
2 Marsham Street
Table of Contents
- 1 Passport Office Customer Service Hours
- 2 Tips for Contacting Passport Office
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Passport Phone Menu Options & Dial Code Shortcuts
- 5 About HM Passport Office