The Child Maintenance Service helpline can be contacted by phone: Open Monday-Friday – 8:00 AM-8:00 PM and Saturday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Child Maintenance Telephone Helpline Service Hours
The Child Maintenance Service helpline is available to take your call Monday-Friday – 8:00 AM-8:00 PM and Saturday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. Holiday availability may vary.
|Monday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM||5:00 PM|
Tips for Contacting Child Maintenance Service
• Remember to have all your relevant details with you when you call the Child Maintenance Service number. This will include you and your ex partner’s details (if you have them), your address, names, dates of birth, etc. This will ensure that the process is a lot quicker.
• Listen carefully to the voice prompting service and follow the instructions to be put through to the correct department. Failure to do this accurately, could result in your call taking longer than it should.
• The Child Maintenance contact number staff is there to help you with this process. If you are unsure about eligibility due to other circumstances, just ask the Child Maintenance Service customer services staff member to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
• This service is for children who are either:
• Under 16 years old
• Under 20 years old but living with a parent who has applied for child benefit
• Under 20 year old and in full time education
You can use the service if you are the parent of the child listed above, a child over 12 years old living in Scotland, a grandparent of the child, a guardian of the child or the non-resident parent of the child.
You cannot use this service if the child who receives the benefit, lives outside the UK. For exceptions, call the Child Maintenance number.
What will I need when I apply?
You will need to have the following information with you when you apply:
• Personal details about the child you’re applying for
• Names of the parents
• Your National Insurance Number
• Your bank account details
Once you have these details, call the Child Maintenance Service telephone number provided here and speak to an agent.
How much does the service cost?
The cost is £20. If you are in Northern Ireland, a victim of domestic abuse or under 19 years old – you don’t need to pay this.
How long does the process take?
Usually the payments are set up within a month, but could be longer depending on the other parent. After the arrangements have been made you can expect a payment within 6 weeks.
For any other queries, call the Child Maintenance Service phone number and enquire with an agent.
Child Maintenance Service Phone Menu Options & Dial Code Shortcuts
Get through the automated phone messaging system fast.
|Menu Option||Dial Code|
|Apply for Child Maintenance or Discuss Child Maintenance Arrangements||3|
About Child Maintenance Service
The Child Maintenance Service is formally the Child Support Agency – of Great Britain. This is part of the governmental Department for Work and Pensions. The name was changed in 2012 and it is responsible for implementing the Child Support Act 1991.
Child Maintenance Service is responsible for calculating the maintenance (reference) to be paid to the parent that looks after the child or children. The payment calculation is based on the child or childrens’ ages and number of children.
The new method of calculation is based on a fixed percentage. 15% for one child, 20% for two and 25% for three or more.
This service is set up as a financial support towards a child’s everyday living costs. It is not to be used as preference over a personal family agreement.
Child Support Agency 6
Mail Handling Site A
Table of Contents
- 1 Child Maintenance Telephone Helpline Service Hours
- 2 Tips for Contacting Child Maintenance Service
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Child Maintenance Service Phone Menu Options & Dial Code Shortcuts
- 5 About Child Maintenance Service